Are you an avid gamer whose PS4 500GB hard drive is full of applications, leaving you at a loss for storage space? Wait a minute before frantically deleting those applications because there is a better way. Expanding the space with a new hard drive not only helps quick booting but also enables faster loading of games. But choosing the best hard drive for PS4 is no easy task because there are numerous options in the market and one must be able to strike the right balance between price and performance.
Some of the best options are listed below with their attributes:
- Seagate 1TB Gaming SSHD ST1000LM014: This offers an SSD-like performance at a much lower price with a 5400 RPM spindle speed. It is the best balance between price and performance.
- Seagate 2TB Laptop HDD ST2000LM007: This option quadruples the original storage capacity which works well for those who like to find themselves swarmed with games for a long time.
- Seagate 1TB Laptop HDD ST1000LM035:This offers twice the storage of PS4 HDD at a very reasonable price.
- Samsung 850 EVO 1TB: With a capacity of 1TB and full SSD, it is much more reliable than the standard HDD or SSHD. However, it hovers on the expensive side and may not be the most economical option. For those who need the unmatched speed and efficiency of SSDs, this is a good option.
- Western Digital Black 6TB WD6001FZWX:This offers an immensely vast storage space and can withstand several hundreds of games. However it needs an additional accessory and it can be slower than SSHD or SSD.Gaming can be a paradise for those who immerse themselves in it for days. In such cases, storage should be the last factor standing between the user and a thrilling gaming experience. This is exactly where these hard drives swoop in like knights in shining armor, waiting to give the user the experience he desires!